Subject: [doc-updates] EventReporter 6.4 Final Released

From: "Hamid Ali Raja" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 11:27:57 +0500

Dear Subscriber,

EventReporter 6.4 Final is released. New features are offered in this
build.

Features:

Service Changes:-

• Added new Services
 - MonitorWare Echo Reply and Request Services, these two services
together can be used to check in real-time if MonitorWare Agents are
alive. The Echo Reply service is used on each of the installed agents.
Then, a central agent is using the Echo Request and instructed to poll
each of the other Agents. When the Request can not be carried out
successfully, an alert can be generated. The MonitorWare echo protocol
ensures that always a fresh probe of the remote agent is done. 

• Protect Agent against Service shutdown - This new feature has been
added. When enabled, the Agent will not stop processing the internal
queue when it is stopped. Please note that it will remain in the
stopping state then.
 
• Event Log Monitor - Enhanced error handling for event log corruption.
This happens very seldom, but it can happen (Hard disk error or other
unexpected problems can cause event log corruption). 

The event log monitor now has 3 Options to deal with corruption. 

1. Ignore corrupted entries, so event log Monitor will try the event
which comes after the corrupted one. 
2. Retry processing from beginning this will reprocess the whole event
log from the beginning. 
3. Clear all events from the event log. If configured, the concerned
event log and all its entries will be totally cleared. This will solve
the corruption but all events will be lost. 

Client Changes:-

• Introduced a few usability and stability changes like 
- Use CTRL + S to save your settings
- Move Rules & Actions up and down by using Toolbar buttons (Fast then
the context menu)
- Highlighting of the current selected entry in the Tree view 
- Reorder of the Rule & RuleSet menu.

• Expanded in Treeview - Is now saved. That means the Client will open
exactly like you left it last time. 

• Filter Editor - Enhanced the filter editor with a few new features.
This includes copy&paste, add comments per filter and minor others. The
copy&paste feature works also between different rules and filter sets. 

• Handling Actions - Actions are also copy&paste able now. You can
copy&paste them between rules and even rulesets if you want. 

Support:
Information and support on EventReporter6.4 is available at our forum
(at the URL's mentioned below) as well as via our other support systems.

Forum: - http://forum.adiscon.com
Email: - [email-masked]

Also, if you would like to see a feature inside EventReporter6.4, just
let us know. Maybe it is easy to implement.

Download:
Download the EventReporter6.4 from this link: 

http://www.eventreporter.com/en/Download/

Manual:
Manual for EventReporter6.4 is available online. You can download this
from following link:

http://www.eventreporter.com/en/Manual/

We would keep you posted as new enhancements occur.

Instructions for Upgrading: 

The EventReporter installer automatically detects that a prior
EventReporter version exists and makes an upgrade. You should get a
notification box from the installer after starting the EventReporter
setup that it performs an upgrade. 

You can also easily backup your configuration for the worst case. To do
so: 

1. Go to Computer Menu. 
2. Choose "Export Settings to Registry-file" (Not Binary).
3. Save the registry file. 

So you have your configuration on the safe side if anything goes wrong.

For more details, please visit the following link:

http://www.eventreporter.com

Regards,
Hamid Ali Raja.
Adiscon