[Phplogcon-dev] changing user name / adding user

Michael Meckelein mmeckelein at hq.adiscon.com
Tue Dec 6 18:19:03 CET 2005

Hi,

In phplogcon it is possible to add a user with a username (UserIDText)
which already exist. Remember unique for users it's by UserID. In
version 1.2.3_bgs, Brian has introduced to change the user name. I guess
it is possible to change the username to a name already exist. I have
not verified this by testing, because this feature does not work in my
test lab. Identical usernames are very confusing and a good source for
trouble.

Therefore, I think we should make the UserIDText in the users table
unique and check if UserIDText already exist before adding/changing
anything.

Comments are highly appreciated.

Michael