[Phplogcon-dev] release structure

Brian Shea bgshea at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 16:52:32 CET 2005

Completely agree to to sable and beta versions!!

1.2.1 Can be fixed easily for the % char, but the cookies will need much
more work. But if you tell people about the problem, then they can take the
proper precautions.

This can be found in auth.php for 1.2.4_bgs, it will handle all characters
that we might want to limit in the future.

// Check for special sql characters
function invalid_chars( $string )
{
    $bad_list = array("'",'"',"%"," ");

    foreach( $bad_list as $needle )
    {
        if( strpos( $string, $needle ) !== FALSE )
        {
            return TRUE;
        }
    }
    return FALSE;
}

Example how to use it
if( invalid_chars( $user ) || invalid_chars( $pass ) )
     {// BAD
        WriteHead('phpLogCon :: ' , _MSGAccDen, '', '', _MSGAccDen, 0);
        WriteFooter();
        exit;
    }
    else
    {    //GOOD
}

NOTE TO MYSELF: make gmail insert > for replies to messages.