[rsyslog] BSD Style Selectors

Scott Baker bakers at web-ster.com
Mon Dec 24 17:57:02 CET 2007

It's been my experience that if I have a config like:

+server1
# The authpriv file has restricted access.
authpriv.*                          -/var/log/secure

# Log all the mail messages in one place.
mail.*                       -/var/log/maillog

# Log cron stuff
cron.*                        -/var/log/cron

That +server1 setting applies to everything below it until it's
changed by another BSD style selector? In other words if server2
sent cron.* syslog in this config it would not log that in
/var/log/cron ??

--
Scott Baker - Canby Telcom
RHCE - System Administrator - 503.266.8253