[rsyslog] rsyslog version numbering

Gerrard Geldenhuis Gerrard.Geldenhuis at datacash.com
Mon Mar 31 13:28:26 CEST 2008

I have not really followed the thread but thought I would give a quick
opinion.

My requirements would be:
Easy to follow numbering. I should be able to see at a glance what the
newer version is. There should not be confusing things like 3.12.3 which
becomes 3.1 as Michael highligted.

Other than that I am not really bothered. Stable and unstable numbering
is not realy relevant in my opinion anymore. I would rather look at the
website or an rss feed to ascertain which version is the latest stable
of a specific product.

Regards