[rsyslog] Arbitrary string replacements

Ori Bani oribani at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 03:45:45 CEST 2009

On 8/21/09, Rainer Gerhards <rgerhards at hq.adiscon.com> wrote:
> can you elaborate a little of how you would like to use it? It still would
> be
> a good idea to create its own feature request inside the bug tracker - I
> look
> there if I have time to do new things, not so often in the mailing list
> archive ;)

>From my understanding it would basically be an extension to the regex
functionality in the property replacer.  You already have submatch
numbers and all that, but you only allow the string that's used to be
a sub-string (submatch), and what I need is the ability to provide a
custom pattern replacement.  If you did that, you could eliminate the
really confusing list of submatch number and match number (and
"nomatch"?), because those would be specified in the replacement
pattern (hopefully as $1, $2, etc.) -- just like any other regular
expression pattern replacement operation in many tools and languages.

Thanks!