[rsyslog] discussion request: performance enhancement for imtcp

Rainer Gerhards rgerhards at hq.adiscon.com
Mon Jun 7 14:43:45 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I have now shifted my focus to enhancing the multi-core utilization with
imtcp. So far, we have a single epoll-loop (or select, if epoll is not
supported), which obviously limits concurrency in some environments. I intend
to remove that limit, or at least move the actual value much further.

There are a couple of things to think about. There is one relatively simple
approach, but if it works is pretty much depending on how things are deployed
in practice.

So I need your help. I would appreciate if you could read

http://blog.gerhards.net/2010/06/further-improving-tcp-input-performance.html

and share your comments. I have created a blogpost because that makes it
easier for me to keep the text as reference. While the post is not exactly
short, it also is not exhaustive, so please don't feel discouraged from
reading it just because my thoughts are on a web site rather than included
inline.

Thanks to all,