[rsyslog] Reliability questions about rsyslog and capabilities.

Sivan Greenberg sivan at omniqueue.com
Thu Sep 16 13:59:51 CEST 2010

Thanks for the reply Rainer!

So the syslog.* facility caters for ONLY the error and warning
messages that can come out of rsyslog itself and no other source? The
aim here is to create a place to have only the error or other messages
pertaining to rsyslog's operation only.

Still on the capabilities side, is there an option to add a string or
so to a produced msg line through formatting or property manipulation?
(instead of replacing a hostname property for example for that).

-Sivan