[rsyslog] Apache and /bin/logger

Bernard Fay bernard.fay at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 22:49:28 CEST 2010

Hi,

According to the Apache documentation, we should be able to pipe the logs to
a program.  By default Apache send its logs without using a syslog
environment.  I have spent some time looking for a solution by using
something like CustomLog "|/bin/logger ..." but it is not working. Does
someone know why?  It could have been so simple.

My goal is to have Apache logs locally on my web server and also to a
central rsyslog server.  Does the imfile module could do the trick?  * *I
have to investigate this possibility.

Thanks,
Bernard