[rsyslog] Common Performance Gotchas

Joe Williams joe at joetify.com
Mon Sep 20 21:06:43 CEST 2010

Are there commonly used tuning options for rsyslog, networking stack and kernel? I have found a bit of information (links below) and have made a few changes but I am curious if there are any low hanging fruit to increase my message rate. To that end what are "normal" message rates for the various versions of rsyslog? I know a lot of this is subjective depending on various factors unique to each system but I am curious of commonly hit performance issues that can be tuned around.

Thanks.
-Joe

http://mperedim.wordpress.com/2010/01/21/rsyslog-evaluation/
http://www.rsyslog.com/doc/queues.html