[rsyslog] Dropping non UTF8 messages

Marcin Mirosław marcin at mejor.pl
Wed Sep 22 00:00:42 CEST 2010

W dniu 2010-09-14 14:28, Henk van Lingen pisze:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to drop messages in rsyslog containing non UTF8
> characters?
>
> I've the problem that I'm writing messages to a PostgreSQL database
> with UTF8 encoding, and because off
>
> #$ActionResumeRetryCount -1    # infinite retries if host is down
>
> this results in blocking all processing when the database rejects
> the input.
>
> I looked into thinks as the 'property replacer', but can find a clue.

Hi!
I think you have problem simillar to mine:
http://kb.monitorware.com/missing-commit-end-transaction-t10355.html
and
http://kb.monitorware.com/problem-with-createdb-sql-script-t10222.html

Imho, in connection to Db should be set proper "character_encoding", but
charset depends on source from logs are received. So it must be defined
per source not once, when we are defining connection to db.
Regards