[rsyslog] old RHEL5 syslog client doesn't report time right

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Fri Feb 10 20:16:24 CET 2012

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012, Michael Maymann wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> we are running some older RHEL5 syslog-client (that can't be upgraded due
> to software on them) running the old syslog daemon.
> I configured my new rsyslog RHEL6 clients with the following:
> $ActionForwardDefaultTemplate RSYSLOG_ForwardFormat
> and that did the trick for them...
>
> (How) can I get same result with the old syslog daemon on my syslog clients
> ?

First off, this sounds like a question to send to RedHat because you are
asking how to configure their non-rsyslog daemon.

but before we can help you, what is the actual problem you are having?

is RHEL5  the sender or the receiver of the log message?

what are you getting, and what do you think you should be getting?

David Lang