[rsyslog] rsyslog as a SNMPtrap server ?

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Fri Feb 10 21:16:18 CET 2012

not directly.

this module reformats messages that are already in syslog to extract the
information.

What it sounded like you were looking for is a module that would listen on
the SNMP trap port for traps to be sent to it, and then add them in to the
queue.

however if you run SNMPTT and have it listening on the SNMP trap port and
logging the message to syslog via the logger command, then mmsnmptrapd
will reformat the message to make it far more useful.

David Lang