[rsyslog] FYI: structured logging

Rainer Gerhards rgerhards at hq.adiscon.com
Tue Feb 21 16:03:09 CET 2012

Hi all,

just a quick info: the Fedora Developer Conference last week was a big
success, we have some very good ideas on structured logging. It were not only
the Red Hat people around but also the syslog-ng guys and MITRE. While the
journal folks did not express any interest in coordinating with the effort,
we are sufficiently sure to have something very decent. More announcements
will follow within the next two weeks.

I have begun to implement some of the ideas and reached a first milestone.
For more and background, please check this blog entry:

http://blog.gerhards.net/2012/02/parsing-json-enhanced-syslog.html

This week I will probably be mostly focused on new things, next week I'll
probably start switching between bug fixing and new development again.