[rsyslog] howto anonymise logs

Rodney McKee rodney.mckee at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 03:29:42 CET 2012

Hello,

I'm wondering if it is possible to anonymise email addresses in a log using rsyslog. I've had a read through the mmnormalize plugin but we are currently only running 5.8.5 and not > 6.1.2 and it looks to need logging to a DB which we do not do.

I'd like to effectively search for any email address in a log line and replace it with something like anonymised_data at anonymised_data.
Yes I know that the regex for a valid email is insane but I'm looking to start with something simple.

Rgds
Rodney