[rsyslog] Some list templates with mmjsonparse try to get 2GB of RAM or give OOM

Rainer Gerhards rgerhards at hq.adiscon.com
Tue Jan 8 12:39:21 CET 2013

Radu,

What do you expect to see with non-JSON messages? All-json being "{}" or the message content (e.g. for a startup message, it would be

"{ "msg": "[origin software=\"rsyslogd\" swVersion=\"7.2.4\" x-pid=\"2705\" x-info=\"http:\/\/www.rsyslog.com\"] start" }"

I ask because the latter is the case, and I think this has been introduced as part of the lumberjack effort within the last three to six month.