[rsyslog] Privilege drop makes stopping it (via Ubuntu upstart) to hang

Radu Gheorghe radu0gheorghe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 11:19:21 CET 2013

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your input! This is what I get:

# grep expect /etc/init/rsyslog.conf
expect fork
# ps ax | grep rsyslog
 7465 ?        Ss     0:00 rsyslogd
 7466 ?        Sl     0:00 rsyslogd
# initctl status rsyslog
rsyslog start/running, process 7466
# grep expect /etc/init/rsyslog.conf
expect daemon

With "expect daemon" it's the same behavior, only it waits indefinitely
when I do `start rsyslog`. So it won't work.

Looking for better solutions now. I'll be back :)