[rsyslog] Redundant rsyslogs and satabase interaction

David Lang david at lang.hm
Fri Jan 25 01:03:51 CET 2013

I use heartbeat to manage an IP address that moves from one machine to the
other. That way only one box at a time is recieving logs (and inserting them
into the database), but if a box fails, the other box will take over (you can
configure the failover time down to subsecond if you need to, but it takes good
network infrastructure to support that)

David Lang