[rsyslog] anyone still using -s, -l rsyslog command line options?

Rainer Gerhards rgerhards at hq.adiscon.com
Mon Nov 17 09:21:49 CET 2014

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone is still using these options. As setting command line
options usually is a hassle and very distro-specific, I would like to get
rid of all of them that tend to address the user (contrary to package
managers).

Among those options, -s and -l could potentially be the most useful. So I
wonder if actually someone uses them. If so, I'll probably migrate them to
a config setting, otherwise I'll just remove them.

Thanks,