[rsyslog] rsyslog 8.15.0 (v8-stable) released

Rainer Gerhards rgerhards at hq.adiscon.com
Thu Dec 17 16:02:30 CET 2015

> Hi Rainer

>> This happens under travis and so is run for each commit. This should
>> avoid any such problems in the future. In fact, it worked so well that
>> it detected one more missing file ;)
>
> Do you think you could release a 8.15.1 with the missing files included?

TBH I would really not like to do that. When we had this long
discussion on 6-week release cycle, there was an overwhelming
consensus that only in true emergencies (like security issues) an
interim release should happen. The reason given ever and ever again
was "one could apply patches for the smaller things in the mean time".
I don't consider this an emergency and I think it is fairly trivial to
apply the patches (I can list them if desired).

I fear that once we begin to weaken the release schedule, we'll
finally end up with releasing as-needed as we did previously.