[rsyslog] configure / make flags for directory prefix

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Mon May 8 04:39:16 CEST 2017

> I'm working on an fpm-cookery recipe ( https://github.com/bernd/fpm-cookery )
> for  building rsyslog, and running  into issues getting rsyslog to honor
> prefix variables. I'm stuck in that any combination of --prefix vars I use,
> rsyslog is trying to place rsyslog.service in /lib/systemd/rsyslog.service.
>
> Is  there a way to get this file to go into another location, or disable
> installing the systemd service file altogether?
>  --with-systemdsystemeunitir= doesn't seem to be respected.

Looks like a typo.
The correct configure switch is --with-systemdsystemunitdir= and this
works fine:

--with-systemdsystemunitdir=no disables the installation of the .service file
--with-systemdsystemunitdir=/foo/bar/baz/ installs the service file as
/foo/bar/baz/rsyslog.service

--
universe are pointed away from Earth?