[rsyslog] Slow log processing

David Lang david at lang.hm
Tue May 30 18:57:23 CEST 2017

look at the per-thread stats (hit 'H' in top) and see if you have any threads on
the logstash machine (or the rsyslog machine) that are hitting 100%, if so,
that's your bottleneck, even if you have other cores idle.

the fact that two instances of logstash show worse performance than one really
makes it look to me like logstash is the problem.