[phpLogCon] install.php remove or not

Andre Lorbach alorbach at ro1.adiscon.com
Fri May 16 16:44:59 CEST 2008

> On Friday 16 May 2008 03:55:45 pm Rainer Gerhards wrote:
> > If I understood the bugzilla entry correctly, the empty file causes
> > other grief ;)
> >
> > So it might be good to add a comment to it (e.g.
/*NOTCONFIGURED*/\n).
> > Then, you could check that comment. Two problems solved ;)
> I agree /*NOTCONFIGURED*/\n is good idea.
>
> > Rainer
> >
> > On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 15:53 +0200, Andre Lorbach wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > we could handle the configured / installed state different if we
find no
> > > other way around this problem. But if possible I would like to
find an
> > > alternative solution for the problem first.
> > >
> > > The installation method in phpLogCon is similar to the method used
in
> > > phpbb.
> Let me see. I can't find phpBB. :(
>
> > > There is another thing that clearly tells you if phpLogCon was
already
> > > configured, if the config.php file isn't empty anymore. By default
an
> > > empty one with write access is shipped, right? This config.php
file is
> > > written by the installation routine at the very end. So only if
the
> > > config.php file is empty, the update needs to copy the install.php
file.
> > > Is it possible to handle this by the package manager?
> I'm afraid it's not possible. I can only remove the file if it was an
update.
> But then there is rpm -V problem.

Ok what I can do is, I can add a check like I described above. If the
config.php is empty, this means install.php is allowed to run. If the
size of config.php is more then 0, the install.php script will deny any
attempt to open it. In order to reconfigure phpLogCon, the config.php
file would need to be deleted or replaced with an empty one.

--
Best regards,
Andre Lorbach