[phpLogCon] install.php remove or not

Andre Lorbach alorbach at ro1.adiscon.com
Mon May 19 15:40:07 CEST 2008

Hi again ;)!

I want to inform you that I have made the changes in the current beta
branch today.
>From the changelog:

	Changed install.php handling, so it is not necessary to remove
the script anymore.

	To avoid problems with automatic package updating, we changed
the installer handling.
	From now, the install.php will be allowed to run only in two
cases, first if the
	config.php file is missing, and second if the config.php file is
empty.

Download available from here:
http://www.phplogcon.org/downloads

The devel branch will be updated tomorrow.

--
Best regards,
Andre Lorbach

> > update.
> >
> > > But then there is rpm -V problem.
> >
> > Ok what I can do is, I can add a check like I described above. If
the
> > config.php is empty, this means install.php is allowed to run. If
the
> > size of config.php is more then 0, the install.php script will deny
any
> > attempt to open it. In order to reconfigure phpLogCon, the
config.php
> > file would need to be deleted or replaced with an empty one.
>
> thnx. Andre, I think this will push us further. I'm sorry I thought I
can
> handle it in spec file, but I was wrong. I hope it helps other distros
too.