[Phplogcon-dev] phplogcon without user managment

Brian Shea bgshea at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 01:16:55 CET 2005

So in IIS people have it setup to allows users listed in the windows users
to access, such as administrator. In which case, you do not want to verify
them against a user in the DB. Okay, that is fine. We just remove the user
in DB check from the auth function when server (apache, IIS) auth is turned
on. Sessions are sent as a cookie to the browser and stored. So when the
server authenticates a user and grants access, the PHP code will pick up the
session id and all session value restored.

Since sessions are started before auth is run, auth can be removed!! Or
return true with server auth is enalbed.

I dont see any issues here. Auth was a means for a central authentication so
that if a change was required, it would be propagated to all pages that
called auth.

Since, in 1.2.4_bgs, all page access is done from index.php, we just need to
add a define to the config.php called SERVER_AUTH and set it true with the
server does the authentication.

Auth can still be called, it will just need to check for the define
statement and return true.

I have to use a vacation day so i will be off friday (Dec 9th), (execpt for
one breif meeting) i can work on adding this feature.