[phpLogCon] which log repository, mysql database or regular file?

Rainer Gerhards rgerhards at hq.adiscon.com
Thu May 19 12:19:12 CEST 2011

And the dual view is that from the front-end perspective (e.g. syslogd),
there obviously is much more time required to get records into the database
vs. flat files. There really is no general answer (except, of course, when
your message rate outgrows your system's capability to do database inserts).

Rainer